Moving Arts Seeks Director of Development
Moving Arts, an award-winning, non-profit theatre company, is seeking a Director of Development to build its development program. This position is a great opportunity for someone who wants to grow with an established Los Angeles theatre company as we celebrate 20 years of producing new works in Los Angeles.
The primary responsibility of this position is to plan, implement and oversee all aspects of development, including: an annual fundraising campaign, grants, corporate and individual giving, and sponsorships. The first order of business will be the funding of our upcoming 20th Anniversary Season.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Fundraising: Create and execute a comprehensive annual fundraising plan, including an online giving program; work with the board of directors and supervise company members in fundraising efforts; plan and oversee organization of special events.
- Grants: Research new grant opportunities and manage their completion, oversee all grant reporting deadlines, develop and track proposals and reports for foundations.
- Giving: Cultivate and maintain relationships with donors, using the Patron Manager program to track donations; seek opportunities for corporate giving.
- Sponsorships: Solicit corporate, business and community sponsors.
- Meet annual goals as approved by the board of directors; report to Managing Director with monthly progress report.
- Oversee the production of all development documents and materials.
- Attend company meetings (and board meetings, as necessary).
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Demonstrated experience in development or related field
- Knowledge of development principles and fundraising techniques, including online and social media tools
- Strong organizational, managerial, interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of Patron Manager is a plus but not required as we can train you on this platform
This position pays a yearly stipend of $1,750.
The time commitment generally ranges from 2-10 hours/week, will be more during fundraising campaign/event periods. Candidates should have their own laptop computer.
Interested applicants should provide a cover letter explaining why you want to work with Moving Arts, a resume, and two writing samples.
To apply, please submit all materials in PDF format to email@example.com with “Director of Development” in the subject heading. Submissions will be accepted through Monday, July 16, 2012.